The Library is excited to offer contact-less curbside pick-up to Merrimack cardholders! This move represents the initial stage of the gradual resumption of library services to increase access for the community.
Contact-less curbside pick-up is easy! Here's how it works:
- Place a hold on any Merrimack item using the Library catalog or by calling the Library at 603-424-5021 (ext 101 or 102, or press 4 during the automated attendant).
- Staff will process your request within 1-2 business days. You will be notified via email, phone call, or text (whichever method you decided when you initially signed up for your Library card) when your items are ready. When you receive the notification that your items are ready, please call the Library at 603-424-5021 (ext 101 or 102, or press 4 during the automated attendant) to schedule an appointment to pick up your requested items. Please note that our curbside service is by appointment only and will be offered at the following times:
- Mondays 1:00pm to 6:30pm
- Tuesdays, Wednesday, & Thursdays 12:00pm to 6:30pm
- Fridays 12:00pm to 4:30pm
- Saturdays 10:00am to 12:30pm
- Mondays 1:00pm to 6:30pm
- At your scheduled time, pull up to the designated curbside parking spots in the Library parking lot and call the Library at 424-5021 (x101 or 102, or press 4 during the automated attendant) to let staff know you've arrived.
- Library staff will bag and place your items on the table outside the Library's main entrance. The bag will have your last name written on it. Please wait until staff has re-entered the building to pick up your items.
- You may pick up your items from the table after staff have re-entered the building. Please use proper social distancing practices by maintaining at least 6 feet between individuals if there are other patrons using the outside Library space or arriving to pick up items.
- Enjoy your items, return them when finished, and repeat the process!
How do I return items?
Remember that our 3 book drops are open for returns and that overdue fines will continue to be waived until further notice. Please note:
- Items must be returned to one of the Library's 3 book drops; 2 of which are located in the Library parking lot, and the other at the South Fire Station on Naticook Road.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours and will remain on your account until after the 72 hours has passed. Rest assured that no fines will accrue on these items during this time.
- Library kits such as gaming systems, cake pans, makerspace items, and other electronic devices may not by returned through the book drops. Please call the Library during the hours noted above to schedule a time for contact-free returns.
What if I cannot access the catalog, do not have a cell phone, or otherwise cannot follow these procedures?
Those with limited Internet/cell phone access or mobility impairments should call the Library at 603-424-5021 to arrange additional accommodations.