The Merrimack Chamber of Commerce’s Business Engagement Committee and the Merrimack Public Library will be partnering to offer a monthly Business Book Group. We will read books covering a variety of topics that are of interest to business people, including leadership, finance, hiring and strategic planning. This will also be a great opportunity to network with fellow business leaders. The group will meet monthly on the second Tuesday from 7-8:30 pm in the Library’s Lowell Room.
This month's selection is: Ask A Manager: How to Navigate Clueless Colleagues, Lunch-Stealing Bosses, and the Rest of Your Life at Work by Alison Green.
There’s a reason Alison Green has been called “the Dear Abby of the work world.” Ten years as a workplace-advice columnist have taught her that people avoid awkward conversations in the office because they simply don’t know what to say. Thankfully, Green does—and in this incredibly helpful book, she tackles the tough discussions you may need to have during your career. You’ll learn what to say when
• coworkers push their work on you—then take credit for it
• you accidentally trash-talk someone in an email then hit “reply all”
• you’re being micromanaged—or not being managed at all
• you catch a colleague in a lie
• your boss seems unhappy with your work
• your cubemate’s loud speakerphone is making you homicidal
• you got drunk at the holiday party
description from Google Books.
Please register so staff can plan accordingly. Circulating copies of the book can be picked up at the Library's Circulation Desk. Any questions can be sent to Library Director Yvette Couser at firstname.lastname@example.org