Our Meeting Rooms
The Library has two meeting rooms that are used for library-sponsored events as well as for community events.
The Klumpp Room: Named in honor of Louise Klumpp, a long-time library supporter and active officer in the Friends of the Library, the Klumpp Meeting Room is located in the lower level of the Library. The Klumpp Room seats between 50-65 people in classroom style. The recently refurbished room has tables, chairs, new lighting options, and a 65" LCD television mounted on one wall. The Library also has some audiovisual equipment available to use in conjunction with the room.
The Lowell Room: The Lowell Room is located on the main level in part of the original building. In 2013, this space was reclaimed to serve a dual purpose as a reading/meeting space. When the room is not specifically reserved for a meeting, it is open to the public to be used for reading and studying. The furniture in the room can be moved to accommodate small groups of up to 20 people. There is a 42" LED television that is also available for groups to use.
- Applications for the use of the meeting room should be made to the Library Director as much in advance as possible. Tentative reservation may be made by phone, but final confirmation will not be made until signed forms are received.
- Use of the room is based on the order in which applications are received.
- The Library reserves the right to deny or revoke permission to use the room.
- There will be no charge for the use of the meeting room.
- Room can be used for activities of a civic, charitable, cultural, educational, or intellectual nature.
- All groups requesting use of the room must be sponsored by a Merrimack resident.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, religion, national origin, or citizenship status in the provision of services.
- No admission fee may be charged. All activities in the room must be open to the public.
- All publicity (eg, posters, brochures, newspaper, radio, or TV announcements) must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library may not be identified as sponsor.
- Youth groups must have an adult sponsor and at least one adult in attendance for every 20 young people.
- Cancellation of a room reservation should be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting time.
- In case of unscheduled closure of the Library, the staff will try to notify organizations scheduled to use the room. During adverse weather conditions, the group should check with the Library or listen to local radio stations for possible closing information.
View or print your own copy of the following forms, which are also available at the Library: