NH law (RSA 202-A:6) states "The library trustees have the entire custody and management of the public library and all of the property of the town relating thereto...excepting trust funds held by the town."
Current Library Board of Trustees
The Merrimack Public Library has a five-member Board of Trustees. The Trustees are elected by the general population, and each serve a 3-year term with staggered election dates.
(Pictured L-R: Sohini Gupta, Michael Drouin, Deb Covell, Janet Krupp, Karen Freed)
Current Board Members include:
Debra Covell, Chair (2022) - email@example.com
Karen Freed, Secretary (2023) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sohini Gupta (2023) - email@example.com
Janet R. Krupp, Treasurer (2024) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Drouin (2024) - email@example.com
Board Alternate (1-year term) - Currently open (up to 3 positions available)*
*The Town Charter allows for up to 3 Alternate Trustee positions. These are ideal for library supporters who are interested in learning more about Board responsibilities but are unable to commit to a full 3-year term. Alternate Trustees may attend meetings, but are only required to vote when their presence will provide a quorum of the Board (3 members present). Alternate Trustees must be Merrimack residents but should not be current Library employees. If you're interested in applying for one of these positions, please submit a letter of interest and qualifications to Town Manager Paul Micali firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are appointed by the Town Council on the Trustees' recommendation.
Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted. Currently the Board meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the Merrimack Memorial Room, Town Hall, 6 Baboosic Lake Road. Occassionally business requires them to meet more often. Meetings recorded on Zoom while following social distancing and remote meeting guidelines may be viewed on the Library's YouTube Channel. In person meetings can be viewed at MerrimackTV.com.
- November 18, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - Agenda coming
- November 8, 2021 - Budget meeting
Library Trustee Meeting Minutes, FY 2021-2022
- October 19, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - Minutes
- September 21, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - Minutes
- August 17, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - Minutes
- July 20, 2021 - Monthly Board Meeting - Minutes
- July 16, 2021 - Meeting with SMP Architecture - Minutes
Library Trustee Job Descriptions
- Description of Officers & Their Duties (from Bylaws)
Library Trustee Bylaws
- Bylaws (revised January 2021)
Library Trustee Policies and Guidelines
- Trustees Non-Trust Fund Investment Policy (Approved February 2018)
- Trustees Investment Policy (Approved 2018)
- Trustee Guidelines for Management of Library Funds (Approved June 2020)
- Media Relations Policy (Approved December 2017)