IRL (In real life) activities are starting up again - are you ready?
This month we'll read and discuss Better Small Talk: Talk to Anyone, Avoid Awkwardness, Generate Deep Conversations, and Make Real Friends by Patrick King. King is an internationally best selling author and social skills coach.
description from Amazon.com:
Better Small Talk is a unique read. Imagine the following networking situation: you've just put on your name tag, and you're approached by a stranger. What do you say? Nice weather today. No, we can do better that this. Learn better small talk to avoid awkwardness, put people at ease, and build real rapport.
- Exact dialogues, responses, phrases, and questions to use
- How to tell captivating stories and what to actually focus on
- Four ways to warm yourself up and prepare for even the most unpredictable conversations
- How to instantly set a tone of friendship and openness with strangers
- Common and subtle conversational habits you need to stop right now
This title is available to check out as an ebook on our Hoopla platform with a Merrimack Public Library card.
To learn more about Patrick King, please visit his website.
Our September meeting will be conducted over Zoom. Please e-mail Library Director Yvette Couser at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) for the meeting ID number and password.